Friday 5 July 2013

Blast From The Past Featuring Vintage Mix




































Hello my dear readers, I hope you had a good week and you are pleased with your weekly goals and if you are not satisfied with your goals, I pray you have a good day so that you will be able to enjoy this post. I decided to make a new fashion post and this post is quite different from what I have done in the past. I was researching online for new outfit ideas and I came across this blog that displayed vintage items and the thought passed through my head of creating an outfit that shows a combination of different styles that reigned from the past decades. This outfit including the make up look shows a trend from the 40's, 50's, 60's, 80's, 90's till date. I hope you guys like this outfit and I was privileged to take the pictures of this outfit in a vintage store called Gossip at Central Arcade Leeds, UK. I will like you guys to leave your helpful feedback in the comment section. Also, I have seen the feedback from my last post, I am working on the review of each foundation I displayed, that will be up soon. Thanks for your support and suggestions left in the comment section.

Vintage Mix Outfit

  1. Skirt: The flamboyant style of this skirt remarks the trend of circle skirts in the 50's that most women of different sizes wore throughout the decade. The vertical black and white monochrome stripes was a trend that reigned in the 90's and is back now in this present decade, the monochrome trend is suitable for all women but that depends on how you style it.
  2. Top: The timeless white polo shirt that is a style  for both men and women, this style was adopted from men's fashion into women wardrobe and recently, it is a piece that is present in most people's wardrobe. I paired the white polo shirt with the monochrome circle skirt to compliment the look.
  3. Belt: The black tummy belt with golden plate detail is a product of the 80's, that decade was a time of colorful, edgy and classy fashion pieces. I paired the belt to give the look an edge, and the gold plate details compliment the gold detail on the necklace.
  4. Necklace: This necklace is a statement piece that is  timeless piece that was a trend from the 40's. This piece is often paired with outfits with less detail. Most celebrities from this decade  wear statement necklace with their outfits to make the outfits chic and sophisticated for their daily errands in town to the red carpet, this necklace is elegant and stylish.
  5. Shoes and Clutch: The red stiletto heels gives a pop of color to the outfit, the birth of the stiletto heels is not in an exact decade, it seems like an idea that was developed over the years.The beauty of the stiletto heels is its ability to elongate the legs and thigh area, thereby giving an illusion of slimmer legs and thighs.I love stiletto heels, it gives a polished and sophisticated look to the outfit. The clutch I paired with this outfit is a classic and timeless vintage purse that is covered with black lace.






The make up look of  vintage mix  is a classic pin-up girl of the 50's and i decided to go for strong scourse brows inspired by Elizabeth Taylor.



What I wore
Top-Vintage Store
Skirt-Principles
Belt-Asos
Clutch:-Gossip
Necklace- Gossip
Shoes- JustFab [Old]
Lips- Mac Ruby Woo

All photographs were taken by Sabrina Ahmed

Thanks for reading and have a blessed life.

Best Wishes,
Peace





6 comments:

  1. wow you look amazing i love this outfit and those shoes i want those shoes!!!

    beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invite,I will see what I can do

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skirt girl with those shoes!!! I loveeee this look on you! The patterns,cinched waist...everything!
    xoxo
    http://canneverbeaskinnybish.com/

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and replying them as soon as possible. I will like to know your thoughts on my posts and dont be afraid to drop constructive criticisms, I will read them and appreciate your honest opinions. However, I dont appreciate hateful comments and will have no answer for them. You could interact with me on my social media handles at the sidebar of this blog and leave posts suggestions for me.

Thank You

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...